- If I Stay – If you’re a regular reader of this blog you might have noticed that I actually reviewed the book the other day and I had nothing but good things to say about it and for once I actually felt the same way about the film. With it’s heartwarming story of love and loss, it’s perfect for a chilly night, lying under a blanket plus it’s extremely cathartic – you might want to keep a box of tissues near though!
- The Parent Trap – This is my go to feel good film, no matter how old I get it will always provide me with an unrivalled sense of joy. Basically the plots is; twins that were separated at birth meet at a Summer camp and get up to all sorts of mischief. I love the version with Lindsay Lohan in just because it’s the one I’m used to, but if you’re more of a vintage feel film kind of person there’s also a 1961 version.
- Ten Things I Hate About You – Based on Shakespeare’s The Taming Of The Shrew this is one of my all time favourites, the character development is unrivalled in anything else I’ve ever seen and Julia Stiles plays Kat with the perfect range of emotions and I’m always left feeling satisfied at the end.
- Matilda – You cannot go wrong with a Roald Dahl classic and Matilda is certainly one of them, I promise you’ll fall in love with her and all her magical talents. Also I love the idea that children can achieve incredible things if they work together.
- Legally Blonde – Elle Woods is a study inspiration for us all, her determination and unwillingness to give up (whilst still looking fabulous) really leaves you with the sense that you can do anything you want to if you try. Next time you’re feeling down pop this on and I promise you’ll forget you’ve ever felt bad!
What’s your feel good film? Are there any I should add to my list?