I’m still counting down and now there are only three days until I start senior year. Oh my goodness! This is what I’ll be taking with me on the first day.
Obviously the most important thing is my backpack! This year I chose the Forest Rose Multi Pocket BackPack by Cath Kidston. I’ve never actually bought a Cath Kidston bag before but I love the patterns she produces every year, they are elegant yet the products are perfectly practical at the same time.
Once you’ve got the best backpack it’s time to fill it with the essentials, here’s what I always include:
- Folders – I picked up a pack of two in Cath Kidston (the Thorp Flowers set), this stylish flower pattern is becoming a favourite of mine.
- Pencil Case – If you want to see what I put in my pencil case you can take a look at this post.
- House Keys – You don’t want to forget them!
- Lip Balm – It’s one of those things you’ll be really glad you have when you need it.
- Medical Kit – For those little emergencies.
- Phone – I’m not sure I’m capable of leaving home without it. Oops.
- Chewing Gum – You don’t want to be that kid with the bad breath so always keep a small pack handy, be discreet taking it out though or you might find yourself handing a piece out to all your classmates!
- Umbrella – Perfect for those days when you have to walk home in a torrential downpour, especially over here in England when that’s most days.
- Music Player – For when you need to zone out a bit at break or on frees. Also having a separate music player helps save your phone battery life.
- Headphones – So you can listen to said music player.
- Tangle Teezer – By the time I’ve got to school my hair is usually a complete mess so it’s worth taking a hairbrush for a quick touch up when you get there. I love taking my tangle teezer as it’s compact and can slot into my bag easily.
- Water Bottle – Always a good idea to avoid getting dehydrated in class.
- Tights – Yep, that’s right. Tights. I have a small pair that I got in a packet from BHS, in case you have a ladder emergency in the day.
- Tissues – You don’t want to have to take some of the (usually cheap and harsh) loo roll from the school toilet.
- Hair Bobbles – Most people forget to bring spare hair bobbles / grips with them so come prepared.
- Deodrant – Same as the chewing gum, you just don’t want to be the kid that smells bad and it can really lift your spirits to spritz something that smells good at the end of the day.
- Purse – Mine contains my debit card, student id and memory stick at all times.
- Make-Up Bag – For those touch-ups.
- Planner – If I have room my Erin Condren usually makes the trip with me so I can jot down upcoming events and deadlines as I go along.